The by-laws of the Foundation that created Mas Casadevall state, in their second article: The provision of support via places to live and work for young persons and adults of Catalonia with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), in order to attend to their medical, health, educational and employment needs, as well as to those of legal aid, with the utmost attention to their social possibilities, are the principle aims of the Foundation.
The task commended by the founders has, in this way, one basic condition: with the utmost attention to the social possibilities of the residents or users. That is to say: improving their autonomy and independence. From this the motto of the Center is derived: ”Educating an autonomous behaviour”.The Patronage consists of the following persons:
- José Luis Bruned Martínez, President
- Manel Ventura i Astals, First Vice-President
- Lluis Desoi i Guitart, Second Vice-Presidente
- Irene Calvís i Rovira, Secretary
- Joaquim Bruned i Adra, Treasurer
- Fina Burset, Vocal
- Joan Calvís i Casas, Vocal
- Mª Àngels Roca, Vocal
- Josep Ventura i Oller, Vocal
The Executive Committee consists of the following persons:
- Lluis Desoi i Guitart, President executive committee
- Irene Calvisi Rovira, Secretary executive committee
- Joaquim Bruned i Adra, Treasurer executive committee
- Josep Ventura i Oller
- Fina Burset
The residents are young persons and adults diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders by the services of the Department of Welfare and of the Family of the Generalitat de Catalunya, with the legal consideration of disability. They form three homes, two in Mas Casadevall itself, of up to 10 persons each, and one in Banyoles /Girona), of 8 residents. In addition, 8 come only to the day care centre.
Mas Casadevall has received distinctions from the following entities:
- 1996 – Association of Teachers of Girona, recognizing a task of profound pedagogical significance.
- 1999 – Economic Society of Barcelona of Friends of the Nation, for a necessary initiative of the civil society.
- 2002 – Means of Social Communication of the Diocese of Girona, for a civic attitude that fortifies Society by solidarity.
- 2008-Lluis Carulla Foundation. Award to a Leisure time experience with people with ASD.